Frequently asked questions
A: Students are advised to regularly login to their student portal in order to check for available offers for their next module(s) and complete the required module pre-registration and enrollment procedures.
Modules are currently offered on the basis of availability, however at a minimum there will be a two week break in between modules. This is mainly to allow us to be flexible whenever required; e.g. to offer the opportunity to more of your fellow students to register.
A: Pre-registering for a module offer is a very easy process and should take just a few minutes. It is however a necessary step in order to successfully enrol to the module.
Please login to your Student Panel. In case you have forgotten your password or your password is not working anymore, please use forgot password feature to reset it.
It is important to ensure that you do not have any overdue instalments in your account. You may check your instalments’ status by selecting the My Payment Plan option through the Student Panel’s menu.
Then you are ready to begin your pre-registration to a module by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Modules section at the navigation menu on the left side of the screen. Click on Modules tab. Your next module(s), according to your pathway, are highlighted. You can distinguish the modules with open offers by examining the Offers column on the far right side of the screen. The button View Offers is enabled for modules with open offers.
- Click on the View Offers button to view the available offers for a particular module.
- Click on the View Details button to view offers’ further details and proceed with the pre-registration.
- Click on the Confirm button to complete your pre-registration.
- In case of a successful pre-registration, you should receive an email containing your module details and enrolment dates. The module’s cost is blocked from your available amount. Successful pre-registrations are provided at Modules section on navigation menu on the left side of the screen, on My Pre-Registrations tab.
The above series of instructions is provided as a quick guide of the steps involved in module enrollment. Please also click here to view the informative video demonstrating the process. For more detailed information please click here to download the complete illustrated student guide.
A: After pre-registering for a module offer you then become eligible to enrol.
To start the process please login to your Student Panel. In case you have forgotten your password or your password is not working anymore, please use forgot password feature to reset it.
To enrol to a module please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Modules section through the navigation menu on the left side of the screen. Click on My Preregistrations tab. You should see a list with your pre-registrations.
- During enrolment period you will be able to enrol to the module. To do so, please click on the Enrol button.
- Click on the Confirm button to complete your enrolment. If your enrollment is successful you should receive a confirmation email. The module’s cost is deducted from your balance.
- To check on your module enrollment please navigate to the Modules section through the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click on My Enrolments tab to view all of your successful enrolments.
- Click on to the View Info button to view all offer’s details such as dates, price and grade.
A: The pass grade for each module is a Pass(minimum 40). The grade descriptors can be found on the Transcript page as well as in every module's syllabi.
A: You may be allowed resit or retake the module subject to the review and approval of your results by the relevant USW examination board. There is either a resit fee, or a retake fee equivalent to the cost of the module.
A: This is perfectly normal and is designed to offer you the flexibility of beginning your studies earlier if you wish. If you are satisfied with your original start date, simply ignore these emails and only register for a module when you are ready to begin your studies.
A: If you send a bank transfer in a currency other than EURO, then the bank will charge a fee to convert the funds back into the correct currency. This bank charge is deducted from the money transferred. For more information, please contact the Finance Department.
A: It is not possible to take more than one module at a time. It is better that you focus on one module at a time so that you can achieve the best possible grade for each assignment.
A: From the login page, please click on “Forgot your password?�? link and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
A: In the Student Portal, click on "My Payment Plan". From there you will be able to view your entire Payment Plan and see when your next installment is due.
A: Once a module ends, the grades will be uploaded up to four weeks after the end date of the module.